drank White Pear by Revolution Tea

This was the second in the series of 6 mini T-tins I ordered. I’m a bit confused by this one for two reasons:
One – it’s dark, and smells like a darker green tea. Not getting why it’s marketed as a white tea.
Two – no pear aroma from the leaves, only a very faint aftertaste, but nowhere at all during the sip.

I followed directions for white teas – cooler water, short steep – and it still brewed up like a green. Not unpleasant, but doesn’t deliver on the fruit or delicateness the label seems to allude to.

I may add some ginger shavings to my next pot and see if that might not highlight something I’m missing. But I think it’s fair to say I won’t be replenishing this when it runs out.

Still fairly new to the life-long process of learning and appreciating tea. Got into loose leaf a number of years ago after health concerns cut soda and sugared drinks from my repertoire. I’ve been blogging about and exploring tea more in-depth for the past several years and I just plain enjoy it. I keep an eye out for French tea trends as well, so if you parlez, bienvenue!

My ratings tend to fall into these categories:

I don’t bother discussing teas that I wouldn’t recommend to other folks on some level. Not worth drinking, not worth wasting time, so you won’t see many yellow light scores from me. I will, however, post if a tea is marketed as something it’s not. There are a couple of examples in my tea log.

50-70’s : Fair. Either a quality or grade issue or perhaps not suited to my personal preference. Wouldn’t turn it down if it were a gift, but wouldn’t purchase it for myself.

80’s: Good teas. Enjoyable and well-crafted, but maybe some slight room for improvement or maybe a notch below another of the same type that I’ve tried. Would buy again if the price were reasonable.

90’s: Excellent teas. My personal favorites that I’ve fallen in love with and have been surprised by.

I don’t know that I’ve ever rated a 100, which is why the 80’s and 90’s are more representative of the teas I like and would recommend. A 96 is just about perfect.