I’m having another cup of this, even though I’m in my office where I have a number of other options. For the rest of the day, it’ll be decaf and rooibos for me, so I’m enjoying a good black firs thing.

Speaking of which, I stayed in the house all weekend because the roads in my neighborhood were bad, but it turns out that just outside the neighborhood the roads look pretty much normal. I was feeling really good about that until I got to campus and the entire parking lot was a sheet of ice! Looking forward to see how much it thaws out by the time I have an off-campus lunch appointment!

a tea drinking librarian
& a reading, yoga practicing, mommy

I’ve been into tea, at some level, since college with a first tin of loose tea brought back by my parents from Oxford. My love of tea increased with a visit to Boston and a chance cup at Tealuxe. Since then I’ve only gotten more interested in tea and have developed more of an appreciation for it.

tea rating guide
(updated 12/2010)

100: a perfect cuppa. these are the teas I’ll keep in my cupboard and tend to be one per type of tea.

90-99: will definitely get more of this tea

80-89: likely to get more and perhaps it will become a favorite with time

70-79: very good, depending on my mood or the season

60-69: wouldn’t actively try to get this tea, but also wouldn’t avoid it in a tea shop or restaurant

50-59: run-of-the-mill tea for me

40-49: decent, would hit the spot in some moods, but probably wouldn’t purchase it for my cupboard

30-39: okay, will try again, maybe