drank PG Tips by PG Tips

backlogging. So, call me crazy, but somehow I had never had this before. I went to a friend’s house last night and had several fun options. This and something from my shopping list, included. The other one required a specific brewing time and temperature (as best I recalled), and I couldn’t believe I still hadn’t had this, so I gave it a go.

Good stuff! It reminded me a lot of my precious Brattle Street Blend, and was a good strength. I think I’m going to get a box of this as my go to tea bag option in the future. (And will probably replace my Twinings with it.)

rabbysmom

Your not the only one- I have never tried this. Would this replace Twinings Irish or English breakfast? I’m trying to judge how strong the tea is.

laurenpressley

Hmm… I’m not a fan of Irish, all that much, so I haven’t tried the Twinings version. I was thinking of my English Breakfast….

rabbysmom

Ooooh, I love the Twinings English Breakfast so I MUST go get this tomorrow. I’ve also noticed a lot more PG Tips in regular grocery stores here in SC- they must be expanding their market in the US

laurenpressley

Ooo, if you do, I’d love to know what you think… I’ll look for your tasting note!!

Dan C

You liked it so much you gave it a 41? Bizarre.

Comments

rabbysmom

Dan C

You liked it so much you gave it a 41? Bizarre.

a tea drinking librarian
& a reading, yoga practicing, mommy

I’ve been into tea, at some level, since college with a first tin of loose tea brought back by my parents from Oxford. My love of tea increased with a visit to Boston and a chance cup at Tealuxe. Since then I’ve only gotten more interested in tea and have developed more of an appreciation for it.

tea rating guide
(updated 12/2010)

100: a perfect cuppa. these are the teas I’ll keep in my cupboard and tend to be one per type of tea.

90-99: will definitely get more of this tea

80-89: likely to get more and perhaps it will become a favorite with time

70-79: very good, depending on my mood or the season

60-69: wouldn’t actively try to get this tea, but also wouldn’t avoid it in a tea shop or restaurant

50-59: run-of-the-mill tea for me

40-49: decent, would hit the spot in some moods, but probably wouldn’t purchase it for my cupboard

30-39: okay, will try again, maybe