drank Monks Blend by Tealuxe

Oh Steepsterites! I’ve been in Boston, at a conference, with less than reliable internet access for my netbook. So, I’m posting now, and will backlog later.

While there, I had a lovely time drinking tea at Tealuxe. I think I went in the shop(s) about 5 times in 5 days! I got several teas, so I’ll be adding them to my cupboard. I also got a cute little teapot.

Since I’m still restricting caffeine, I’m going to have one new cup a day. Today is Monk’s Blend. It’s great! The vanilla isn’t clear to me, but the flavor has quite a kick. Lovely way to start the day!

gmathis

Well, if you’re traveling without decent Internet access, at least you had the tea to make up for it. I’ve had no-net and no-good-tea travels that were just pretty doggone miserable!

laurenpressley

That does sound miserable!!! I’m glad we both have access to tea and internet now. :)

gmathis

And for what it’s worth, Monk’s Blend is hands-down my favorite fruity tea flavor. I guess grenadine can be considered a fruit since it’s pomegranite based?

laurenpressley

I’d go with that. :) I think I might be with you on that for now… I have a few more fruity ones I just got, so we’ll see if Monk’s Blend holds the first spot after all of them. :)

Comments

gmathis

a tea drinking librarian
& a reading, yoga practicing, mommy

I’ve been into tea, at some level, since college with a first tin of loose tea brought back by my parents from Oxford. My love of tea increased with a visit to Boston and a chance cup at Tealuxe. Since then I’ve only gotten more interested in tea and have developed more of an appreciation for it.

tea rating guide
(updated 12/2010)

100: a perfect cuppa. these are the teas I’ll keep in my cupboard and tend to be one per type of tea.

90-99: will definitely get more of this tea

80-89: likely to get more and perhaps it will become a favorite with time

70-79: very good, depending on my mood or the season

60-69: wouldn’t actively try to get this tea, but also wouldn’t avoid it in a tea shop or restaurant

50-59: run-of-the-mill tea for me

40-49: decent, would hit the spot in some moods, but probably wouldn’t purchase it for my cupboard

30-39: okay, will try again, maybe