This is the coziest tasting tea in my cupboard. Every sip is part tea, part earl grey, and part comfort. I especially like that though there’s strong flavoring to this tea, it’s still clearly tea. A lovely way to kick off this week!

Update: The baby might love this tea, too, as he’s kicking around a lot more than is typical at this time of day. That, or he hates it. I’m going to go with love, though. :)

Another Update: This tea is best pretty hot. As it cools to the temperature which I normally prefer my tea, it’s a bit bitter.

gmathis

Who knows…you may be developing a mini-steepster in utero :o) (Suddenly I’m hearing the Muppet Babies theme song: Steep—-ster Babies, there’s nothing we can’t do; Steep—-ster Babies, put on a pot to brew…)
(Sorry.)

laurenpressley

LOL, fun song! Hopefully he’ll be someone I can share a good cup with. ;)

gmathis

I’m still working on my high school sophomore; he likes the THEORY of tea drinking, but in practice, we haven’t landed on anything he likes.

Comments

gmathis

(Sorry.)

laurenpressley

LOL, fun song! Hopefully he’ll be someone I can share a good cup with. ;)

a tea drinking librarian
& a reading, yoga practicing, mommy

I’ve been into tea, at some level, since college with a first tin of loose tea brought back by my parents from Oxford. My love of tea increased with a visit to Boston and a chance cup at Tealuxe. Since then I’ve only gotten more interested in tea and have developed more of an appreciation for it.

tea rating guide
(updated 12/2010)

100: a perfect cuppa. these are the teas I’ll keep in my cupboard and tend to be one per type of tea.

90-99: will definitely get more of this tea

80-89: likely to get more and perhaps it will become a favorite with time

70-79: very good, depending on my mood or the season

60-69: wouldn’t actively try to get this tea, but also wouldn’t avoid it in a tea shop or restaurant

50-59: run-of-the-mill tea for me

40-49: decent, would hit the spot in some moods, but probably wouldn’t purchase it for my cupboard

30-39: okay, will try again, maybe