Still working on my tea scheduling! I made a pot of this with breakfast this morning. I was trying to get too many things done at once, so I bypassed the measuring spoon and guessed how much to add to the pot, then I forgot to set the timer. By the end of the steep it was a very strong pot! Then, I raced through breakfast, bypassing the tea altogether. It has sat on the table all day. So then, with dinner, I decided the tea wasn’t great to start with so I might as well microwave it. To make it more palatable, I added soymilk and sugar, and by the time I had a few cups they struck me as a lot like coffee (the way I was introduced to it: with lots of milk and sugar)… except a strong tea flavored coffee instead. It ended up being a fun surprise, but not one I’d choose to duplicate. :)

gmathis

Isn’t it funny how one little extra body in the house becomes the source for one ZILLION daily schedule adjustments? :o) Hope family-hood is treating you kindly!

Comments

gmathis

a tea drinking librarian
& a reading, yoga practicing, mommy

I’ve been into tea, at some level, since college with a first tin of loose tea brought back by my parents from Oxford. My love of tea increased with a visit to Boston and a chance cup at Tealuxe. Since then I’ve only gotten more interested in tea and have developed more of an appreciation for it.

tea rating guide
(updated 12/2010)

100: a perfect cuppa. these are the teas I’ll keep in my cupboard and tend to be one per type of tea.

90-99: will definitely get more of this tea

80-89: likely to get more and perhaps it will become a favorite with time

70-79: very good, depending on my mood or the season

60-69: wouldn’t actively try to get this tea, but also wouldn’t avoid it in a tea shop or restaurant

50-59: run-of-the-mill tea for me

40-49: decent, would hit the spot in some moods, but probably wouldn’t purchase it for my cupboard

30-39: okay, will try again, maybe