I’m a sucker for blueberries, so thank you SO much SimplyJenW for sending me this one! I had to dive in as soon as I saw it. Dry there are definitely blueberry notes, which raised my hopes even more.

Once brewed the leaves are less blueberry scented, but definitely not a bad scent. The tea itself doesn’t seem as solid a quality as some of the ones I’ve been drinking lately, but in a flavoured blend that doesn’t usually bug me so much.

My first sip I got blueberry top notes with a black base. Smiling now, I sipped some more. The black tea dominated but there were definitely blueberry notes there, ones that tasted like blueberry pie filling. Yum!

Once the cup started to cool, I got a cream flavour added, and the blueberry became more dominating. I think I like this one better just a tad cooler! I’m curious now what I’ll get if I add milk and sugar, and if I brew at a lower temp!

An avid tea addict in the GTA, Ontario, Canada. I’m always looking for new teas and new tea addicted friends!

My preference is loose leaf of all varieties, however the occasional bagged tea can come along and charm me. Flavoured or straight, there is a good chance that I will be falling in love.

~

My ratings system is based on the smiley faces above the ratings scale.

0-10 — This tea didn’t get past the initial sip process. I just couldn’t bring myself to drink more, I found it so horrible.

11-50 — It made it past first sips, but as I drank a bit more I realized I really wasn’t enjoying the tea, and would never drink it again.

51-60 — I probably made it through the cup, but won’t be trying another one.

61-69 — Either it’s a mystery tea and I can’t decide if I like it or not, or it is one that I felt was purely adequate.

70-85 — These are the teas that I appreciate and/or like. If they are falling in this area they are ones that I would definitely re-buy, however are not ones that I must always have on hand. The good, but not the amazing.

86-94 — These are the favourites. My cupboard feels empty if they aren’t inside.

95-100 — Tea perfection!