drank Cinnamon Roll Honeybush by 52teas

I’m beginning to think my tastebuds are off because I really didn’t like this one. The cinnamon had that fake cinnamon flavour . . . you know, that cinnamon toast crunch artificial flavour? I can’t stand that version of the spice and that was all I got from the cup beyond a faint caramelish undernote that I assume was the honeybush with something to simulate the icing. After my first experience with this one, and now this . . . I think I’ll be bidding this one adieu.

aisling of tea

Personally, I don’t think it’s your tastebuds, I have issues with the flavoring in 52teas, especially the cinnamon.

52teas

Well, I guess everybody has different tastes, but I think this one is really amazing. I can’t help but wonder if it wouldn’t benefit from a longer steep time. With our honeybush blends, I recommend about a teaspoon and a half per 6-8oz cup, steeped at boiling (212-degrees F) for 8-10 minutes (honeybush can’t be oversteeped).

TeaBrat

you can send yours to me – I loved it! :)

Comments

aisling of tea

52teas

TeaBrat

you can send yours to me – I loved it! :)

An avid tea addict in the GTA, Ontario, Canada. I’m always looking for new teas and new tea addicted friends!

My preference is loose leaf of all varieties, however the occasional bagged tea can come along and charm me. Flavoured or straight, there is a good chance that I will be falling in love.

~

My ratings system is based on the smiley faces above the ratings scale.

0-10 — This tea didn’t get past the initial sip process. I just couldn’t bring myself to drink more, I found it so horrible.

11-50 — It made it past first sips, but as I drank a bit more I realized I really wasn’t enjoying the tea, and would never drink it again.

51-60 — I probably made it through the cup, but won’t be trying another one.

61-69 — Either it’s a mystery tea and I can’t decide if I like it or not, or it is one that I felt was purely adequate.

70-85 — These are the teas that I appreciate and/or like. If they are falling in this area they are ones that I would definitely re-buy, however are not ones that I must always have on hand. The good, but not the amazing.

86-94 — These are the favourites. My cupboard feels empty if they aren’t inside.

95-100 — Tea perfection!