drank Jasmine Tea by Fujian Tea

Just picked this up at a local oriental market. It was pretty much all they had for loose-leaf, and only $2.25 to boot (so how am I not going to buy this?) They recommend 3g/cup, boiling water (for green tea?), for 5minutes. In reality, I think I used 4g/10-12oz boiling water.

I really think I’ve burnt myself out on green tea for quite a while, but this one smells less like grass clippings and much more like…well…jasmine. Refreshing. It reminds me of Chinese restaurants and old-lady floral perfume both at once.

Hm. Not bad. Although there’s a slight bitterness and astringency (my mouth feels a little dry with each sip), the sensation isn’t overwhelming. It’s towards the end of the sip and only on the middle of my tounge, just before the swallow. There’s a little greeny-sweet in there too. My mouth is full of jasmine if I breathe through my nose. Neat. Next time I think I’ll play with the temp. …or maybe the amt of leaf. This is getting more bitter the closer I get to the bottom of my cup. :/

I love all things food, so my recent nudge into the tea world has been a welcome adventure. Yummy, too. Makes the death grip I have on my coffee mug relax just a bit. :)

Minneapolis, MN