drank Caramel Spice by DAVIDsTEA

I was unsure about this tea in the store when I smelled it, but there was something captivating about it that I just had to bring a bit home to try. The dry leaves are interesting, and the dried mulberries make me think of tiny little pinecones in my my teapot. Dried, it has a overwhelming orange smell with undertones of ‘spice.’
While steeping, the orange smell diminishes some, and it has a pleasant aroma.

Taste wise, it strongly reminds me of creamsicle. I taste very little spice, with the exception of a slight bite in the after taste. And there is a creaminess that I assume is the caramel, but I cannot easily identify it as caramel. I am not wowed, but I am happy to finish of the sample I brought home. I’m not sure that I will miss this tea at the end of the fall, but its enjoyable enough for now.

Licious is a stuffy pretentious grad student, who fits in with more of those academic stereotypes than she really should. Naturally, as a pretentious academic she loves tea. She also loves animals, watching a ridiculous amount of television, photography and reading dense, heavy books about boring world issues.

Ottawa, ON