(I know I promised myself that I wasn’t going to try a flavored honeybush until after I tried a straight one, but this one looked so good on the website that I couldn’t resist!)

Smell: Definitely apricot & peach. Reminded me of the peach scented candles from Pier 1; it was that fragrant.

Taste: Sweet; exceptionally so. Can pick-out the peach/apricot (those two fruits always taste the same to me), but it’s sweet beyond that; almost… syrupy? Maybe that’s the medicinal bit that I always hear people use to describe honeybush? Peach came out a little more as the cup cooled slightly; still triggers memories of Pier 1 candles.

Edit: Left on my desk while I went to talk over a project with a coworker. When I returned to my cup, it had cooled down to barely lukewarm. Somehow, it managed to lose the flavor almost entirely and just became a cup of warm sugar-water! Very strange.

Overall, this tea was mostly unremarkable to me and just too sweet. Sweetness with not much else to it.

A tea fanatic who works in the tech sector, I purchase most of my tea online. The numerical ratings are to help me remember which teas I should re-order. 85+ means it’s worth a re-purchase. (If I ever get through all of the new ones I want to try!)

It’s pretty obvious from my tealog, but I have special place in my heart for flavored blacks and good rooibos. I also love oolongs, but apparently have expensive taste in that area, so I don’t purchase them too often. Learning to appreciate green tea, but not a fan of overly vegetal ones. Whites make a great iced tea.

I love to try new teas and will sample most anything once. Although I’ll usually pass on Earl Grey or super floral blends.

I drink my tea with no additions, unless otherwise noted in the review.

Rhode Island