Dry, this smells wonderful. Like loads of fresh blueberries sprinkled with sugar.

Steeped, the color of this tea is admittedly terrible looking; it’s a greenish black liquor. That said, it’s very similar to color of a freshly squeezed blueberry – not that pretty purpley-blue color that you get when you blend them into a smoothie with white yogurt, but that greenish-blue shade you’ll get if you’ve ever tried to blend blueberries with water. It’s not pretty. But I digress.

Back to the tea, the strong blueberry aroma is still present after steeping. While it tastes a bit more mild than it smells, you can still detect blueberry flavors. I think the name of this tea is perfect – it tastes more like blueberry preserves than it does fresh blueberries. It’s sweet and fruity and the black tea adds quite a bit of depth to it. The perfect cup for breakfast.

A tea fanatic who works in the tech sector, I purchase most of my tea online. The numerical ratings are to help me remember which teas I should re-order. 85+ means it’s worth a re-purchase. (If I ever get through all of the new ones I want to try!)

It’s pretty obvious from my tealog, but I have special place in my heart for flavored blacks and good rooibos. I also love oolongs, but apparently have expensive taste in that area, so I don’t purchase them too often. Learning to appreciate green tea, but not a fan of overly vegetal ones. Whites make a great iced tea.

I love to try new teas and will sample most anything once. Although I’ll usually pass on Earl Grey or super floral blends.

I drink my tea with no additions, unless otherwise noted in the review.

Rhode Island