It’s funny that so many people mention mint as being the prominent flavor here, when, to me, it was all lemongrass. I guess different people really do pick-up on different tastes.

The taste (to me) was very good for a nighttime herbal – a soothing, lemony chamomile with a minty aftertaste. After every swallow, I’d be hit with a bit of mint that I never could detect during the sip. In my head, each sip played out like this: “Wowza, that’s some lemon. Mmm, herbal goodness. Whoa, where’d that’d mint come from?”

But I didn’t try this one for taste; I got it for its promise of relaxation and sleep. I finished off my cup while simultaneously cradling the mug for warmth and breathing in the herbal aromas. My limbs grew tired and my eyelids heavy. I wondered, “Is this the placebo effect or is it really working? Who cares, I’m off to bed!”

Tried another cup the following night. Again, I noticed lemon at first, followed by crisp mint. Still seemed to be relaxing, but not quite the same effect I had with the first cup. Oh well, it’s still a great cup to unwind with before bed.

A tea fanatic who works in the tech sector, I purchase most of my tea online. The numerical ratings are to help me remember which teas I should re-order. 85+ means it’s worth a re-purchase. (If I ever get through all of the new ones I want to try!)

It’s pretty obvious from my tealog, but I have special place in my heart for flavored blacks and good rooibos. I also love oolongs, but apparently have expensive taste in that area, so I don’t purchase them too often. Learning to appreciate green tea, but not a fan of overly vegetal ones. Whites make a great iced tea.

I love to try new teas and will sample most anything once. Although I’ll usually pass on Earl Grey or super floral blends.

I drink my tea with no additions, unless otherwise noted in the review.

Rhode Island