Sipdown Finished this one off by using it for iced tea. Spring randomly popped-up out of nowhere today, and it’s currently 25 degrees warmer than it was yesterday! Not that I’m complaining since it’s April and all, but seriously unexpected. So I just had to have a nice cold glass of iced tea.

Steeped all that I had left of this (about 3tsp) in 7oz of near-boiling water for 4min, then poured over ice. The result? Much better than it is hot. When iced, that sickly sweetness isn’t as noticeable and it mellows out to a pleasantly sweet, peachy honeybush. Still has a weird syrupy quality that I can’t place – I’ve tried unflavored honeybush now, so I know that’s not it – but it’s not too bad.

See earlier post for tasting notes when served hot.

A tea fanatic who works in the tech sector, I purchase most of my tea online. The numerical ratings are to help me remember which teas I should re-order. 85+ means it’s worth a re-purchase. (If I ever get through all of the new ones I want to try!)

It’s pretty obvious from my tealog, but I have special place in my heart for flavored blacks and good rooibos. I also love oolongs, but apparently have expensive taste in that area, so I don’t purchase them too often. Learning to appreciate green tea, but not a fan of overly vegetal ones. Whites make a great iced tea.

I love to try new teas and will sample most anything once. Although I’ll usually pass on Earl Grey or super floral blends.

I drink my tea with no additions, unless otherwise noted in the review.

Rhode Island