drank Caramel by Adagio Teas

Yum, a pleasant cup from Adagio. Overall, I haven’t had much luck with Adagio’s black teas. But it’s rainy and cold out, so I thought I’d dip into my sample pouches and try the warming taste of caramel. The dry leaf smell is awesome; like thick caramel sauce prepared on a stovetop.

I oversteeped this one by a minute or so (I got distracted by a coworker – don’t they know this is my afternoon tea time?!), so a tiny bit of bitterness presented itself, but not enough to overwhelm the cup. First sip: whoa, tastes kind of like maple syrup. Sweet and rich. (A coworker even quipped, “smells like maple syrup in here” as she walked by, so I guess I’m not the only one who caught the similarity.) Subsequent sips taste more like caramel. Not the cheap, candybar-filling caramel, but “real” caramel – slightly burnt, dark, and very rich.

Just for fun, I added a tiny bit of sea salt to the last few sips… and it was great! (I’ve found myself salting my tea a lot lately. Apparently, I’m on some sort of a salt kick.) It was like drinking a wonderful salted caramel candy.

A tea fanatic who works in the tech sector, I purchase most of my tea online. The numerical ratings are to help me remember which teas I should re-order. 85+ means it’s worth a re-purchase. (If I ever get through all of the new ones I want to try!)

It’s pretty obvious from my tealog, but I have special place in my heart for flavored blacks and good rooibos. I also love oolongs, but apparently have expensive taste in that area, so I don’t purchase them too often. Learning to appreciate green tea, but not a fan of overly vegetal ones. Whites make a great iced tea.

I love to try new teas and will sample most anything once. Although I’ll usually pass on Earl Grey or super floral blends.

I drink my tea with no additions, unless otherwise noted in the review.

Rhode Island