drank Pink Flamingo by DAVIDsTEA

Shockingly, I didn’t totally hate the hibiscus in this one. It’s tart, as always, but everything else in there helped to balance it out enough so it wasn’t entirely overwhelming. Had the first steep hot, and then cold-brewed the leaves overnight for a second infusion.

Hot: it was pretty good. Sour like a grapefruit, with lots of other citrus flavors in there too. Cold-brewed: not so much. That made it taste more hibiscus-tart than citrus-tart. Had to dump half the cold cup.

Ysaurella

the blend looks like a fruit salad !

Comments

Ysaurella

the blend looks like a fruit salad !

A tea fanatic who works in the tech sector, I purchase most of my tea online. The numerical ratings are to help me remember which teas I should re-order. 85+ means it’s worth a re-purchase. (If I ever get through all of the new ones I want to try!)

It’s pretty obvious from my tealog, but I have special place in my heart for flavored blacks and good rooibos. I also love oolongs, but apparently have expensive taste in that area, so I don’t purchase them too often. Learning to appreciate green tea, but not a fan of overly vegetal ones. Whites make a great iced tea.

I love to try new teas and will sample most anything once. Although I’ll usually pass on Earl Grey or super floral blends.

I drink my tea with no additions, unless otherwise noted in the review.

Rhode Island