drank Chocolate Chili Chai by DAVIDsTEA

I was in the mood for something super rich & decadent, so I made this up like a lazy man’s chai: while waiting for the electric kettle to finish heating the water, I filled-up a mug about a quarter of the way with milk and popped it into the microwave. Filled the rest of the mug with the water and then infused with a finum basket in the water-milk mixture.

And it hit the spot! Very hot chocolate-like (though I’m sure the creaminess from the milk helped with that) with a nice little, tiny kick of pepper. (And it was just a little kick. It was there, but I certainly wouldn’t call the tea spicy-hot.) But the touch of heat worked well with the chocolate.

Not sure what it would taste like without milk, but with it, it’s a very delightful, decadent treat!

A tea fanatic who works in the tech sector, I purchase most of my tea online. The numerical ratings are to help me remember which teas I should re-order. 85+ means it’s worth a re-purchase. (If I ever get through all of the new ones I want to try!)

It’s pretty obvious from my tealog, but I have special place in my heart for flavored blacks and good rooibos. I also love oolongs, but apparently have expensive taste in that area, so I don’t purchase them too often. Learning to appreciate green tea, but not a fan of overly vegetal ones. Whites make a great iced tea.

I love to try new teas and will sample most anything once. Although I’ll usually pass on Earl Grey or super floral blends.

I drink my tea with no additions, unless otherwise noted in the review.

Rhode Island