drank Mom's Apple Pie by DAVIDsTEA

Thanks to QueenOfTarts for this one! Apple pie is a favorite of mine. (Okay, okay, all pies are a favorite of mine.) So I was looking forward to trying this one.

The dry leaf smelled very strongly of apple pie filling; like apples, cinnamon, & other spices (nutmeg, maybe?). Steeped, it’s a little more of a sour apple scent, but I can still get “hot apple pie” from it.

Taste during the sip is a light green tea with spices. After the sip, I’m picking up more of a real “apple pie” taste – well, specifically the filling for an apple pie. Reminds me of the version my Grandmother would make. Quite yummy.

Not getting any crust-like flavors, but still a pretty good approximation of homemade apple pie!

CHAroma

I LOVE this tea! It’s really too bad they don’t make it anymore.

momo

When I complained about it they told me it’d be back in fall haha. Hopefully they keep their promise.

Lindsey

It does seem like it would be a perfect fall tea. Let’s see if they bring it back in the fall collection!

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Fingers crossed!!!

Comments

CHAroma

I LOVE this tea! It’s really too bad they don’t make it anymore.

momo

Lindsey

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Fingers crossed!!!

A tea fanatic who works in the tech sector, I purchase most of my tea online. The numerical ratings are to help me remember which teas I should re-order. 85+ means it’s worth a re-purchase. (If I ever get through all of the new ones I want to try!)

It’s pretty obvious from my tealog, but I have special place in my heart for flavored blacks and good rooibos. I also love oolongs, but apparently have expensive taste in that area, so I don’t purchase them too often. Learning to appreciate green tea, but not a fan of overly vegetal ones. Whites make a great iced tea.

I love to try new teas and will sample most anything once. Although I’ll usually pass on Earl Grey or super floral blends.

I drink my tea with no additions, unless otherwise noted in the review.

Rhode Island