drank Pom Tango by DAVIDsTEA

Holy sweet tea, Batman! Cold-brewed my free sample of Pom Tango. When I was adding the leaf, there was a HUGE slice of dried mango in there. I decided to steep it instead of just rinsing it off and eating it. (That took some serious self-control, let me tell ya.)

Anyways… this steeped up to a much lighter color than I expected for a black tea. It’s the same gold color as champagne! Taste is sweet. Like, really sweet. Like, “I can’t believe I didn’t add sugar to this” sweet. Like, “you sure this is black tea and not a tisane?”sweet. You get the point.

Tastes predominantly like mango, and not much like pomegranate. Though that may just be because my sample packet was mango-heavy. It’s hard to really get a feel for a tea when you only have a tiny bit to dig through. I’m enjoying this glass; it makes me feel like I’m drinking fruit juice!

Iced

A tea fanatic who works in the tech sector, I purchase most of my tea online. The numerical ratings are to help me remember which teas I should re-order. 85+ means it’s worth a re-purchase. (If I ever get through all of the new ones I want to try!)

It’s pretty obvious from my tealog, but I have special place in my heart for flavored blacks and good rooibos. I also love oolongs, but apparently have expensive taste in that area, so I don’t purchase them too often. Learning to appreciate green tea, but not a fan of overly vegetal ones. Whites make a great iced tea.

I love to try new teas and will sample most anything once. Although I’ll usually pass on Earl Grey or super floral blends.

I drink my tea with no additions, unless otherwise noted in the review.

Rhode Island