I think what I’ve learned on steepster today is that there is a restaurant called P.F. Chang’s- actually, I do think I remember passing by it in Chicago when I lived there. That said, I am actually drinking this at home as part of a Revolution sampler pack (love sampler packs…) Dragon Eye is a really nice oolong, with just a hint in it of what tastes like peach- but just a hint. It really is very relaxing somehow, and I’m glad that I wound up inadvertently trying it among my miscellaneous samples. I’m about to sound like a broken record here, but this’d be a really good iced tea.

I’m not sure a strawberries n’ cream Kitkat from Japan would ever be a recommended pairing with this, but I went ahead and took that risk anyway. When I went to the Tea tastings at Tea Gschwendner they frequently gave us pieces of Vosges chocolates to go with whatever tea we were sipping. My husband thought the chocolate blunted the tea too much, but I loved the combination.

Kristin

Ooo. strawberries and cream kitkat!

Lisbet

Yeah, and it’s vegan too! I got a bunch from a friend in Japan :D Other weird international foods that are vegan – steak n’ onion crisps from the UK (and all of their other potato chip flavors- prawn, ham n’ pickle, roast beef, roast chicken, etc.) The girl who got me to try those is a British vegan and those are her secret vice ;)

Kristin

No way! I didn’t think it would be. :) If I ever see those when I travel, I’ll have to try one.

Lisbet

My bad, it wasn’t strawberries and cream, it was ‘strawberry cranberry’ – that’s why it was vegan :) A lot of the ones sold only in Japan are- but not all of them I’d imagine. The green tea one looks too close to white chocolate.

Comments

Kristin

Ooo. strawberries and cream kitkat!

Lisbet

Grad student in sociocultural anthropology. I drink tea while reading for my courses, and it makes the books go down easier. I genuinely like most kinds of tea – although fruit tisanes kind of scare me.

Houston, Texas, United States