drank Coconut Custard by Teas Etc

Oohhh thank you so much to Kristin for facilitating my tasting of this one while I’m trying to pare down my teas in anticipation of living in a DORM this summer. It’s delicious smelling, definitely reminiscent of a coconut dessert. When I put this one on to steep I had a massive headache that wouldn’t die, and I needed something to make me feel better. It actually took my headache away, no lie. Placebo effect, I’m sure.

When brewed, I find it hard to believe that this is a tea! It reminds me of the taste of the coconut milk powder that I ordered a long time ago, and stirred into a few teas before the powder somehow got “weird” in my humid kitchen. Also, I imagine this could be heavenly sweetened.

I’m not enraptured by this tea, per se, but I really do like it enough to buy it, particularly because all of the other coconut teas that I’ve tried that have tasted this strongly have ended up really greasy when brewed. I’m glad that the tea doesn’t look like an oil spill.

I feel thoroughly appreciative of all things modern right now as I sit and drink this indoors in the AC while it’s 91 degrees outside and humid. Having had the AC broken last week, I am willing to offer it whatever sacrifice it demands to keep it up and running. Sorry environment- my otherwise aggressive eco-hippiedom breaks down here.

Grad student in sociocultural anthropology. I drink tea while reading for my courses, and it makes the books go down easier. I genuinely like most kinds of tea – although fruit tisanes kind of scare me.

Houston, Texas, United States