Wow, this one tastes just like the Neapolitan Honeybush to me! Uncanny. This doesn’t wind up being a bad thing, as I liked the Neapolitan.

I have been using this one lately to experiment with tea lattes, but I wouldn’t call the experiment successful yet because it’s still not as good as one I’d get at a shop. So, tell me what I am doing wrong:

-Steep 1 cup (8oz) of water with tea. Add agave nectar to taste while doing this, plus 1 tsp vanilla extract (or almond, or whatever)
-Heat 1/2 cup (4oz) of soy milk (or whatever milk you prefer) – I do 1 min 20 seconds in the microwave.
-Use frothing wand to make plenty of foam.
-Pour steamed milk over tea, scoop on rest of the foam.
-Sprinkle cinnamon.

It LOOKS great but tastes too thin, so I guess I need to either steep a lot more tea or use less water. I tried steeping it extra long this time to no avail.
Here is a photo:

Kristin

That looks awesome! Want.

Lisbet

I wish it tasted just a little better. It’s too weak. I hope I don’t need vanilla syrup to get the right effect. Def gonna try cutting down the water in the tea.

Kristin

Just added a frother to my amazon wishlist.

LiberTEAS

@Lisbet: I would recommend adding extra leaf. I generally do when I make a latte because the milk does somewhat mute flavors sometimes. Also, with rooibos and/or honeybush blends, I always add a little extra leaf…

Lisbet

Kristin- they’re cheap and they really work well!
LiberTEAS- thanks! I think the next one I make I’ll try with black tea chai just to see the effect, but I generally drink rooibos and honeybush.

Comments

Kristin

That looks awesome! Want.

Kristin

Just added a frother to my amazon wishlist.

LiberTEAS

Lisbet

Kristin- they’re cheap and they really work well!

Grad student in sociocultural anthropology. I drink tea while reading for my courses, and it makes the books go down easier. I genuinely like most kinds of tea – although fruit tisanes kind of scare me.

Houston, Texas, United States