Dear Republic of Tea, the reason why there are no reviews on here is that your tins are over $10 each at my local Whole Foods, and that’s just a bit much for me without knowing I’ll really like a tea in advance. So once again I must praise the joy of being able to weigh this one out and sample it at my local shop. I was worried about cherry in my tea- but again, just about 40 cents worth of curious (my logic feels a bit odd there).

I made sure to brew this at proper green tea temps, and to steep for only 3 minutes. The green tea actually comes through, shockingly. And the cherry is, well, a bit lollypop but not as frightening as I feared. Still, a full tin of this wouldn’t do for me. I actually wonder if I’d like this tea better if I combined it with something vanilla or almond, but as it stands right now I feel like I melted a jolly rancher in my green tea.

Better than I thought though, so if you do like cherry teas, give it a shot.

Grad student in sociocultural anthropology. I drink tea while reading for my courses, and it makes the books go down easier. I genuinely like most kinds of tea – although fruit tisanes kind of scare me.

Houston, Texas, United States