drank Bangkok Blend by Harney & Sons

I am mostly getting green tea plus coconut with this one. I almost wish it had a touch of vanilla, or that the lemongrass was a bit stronger. It sounds like it should be so delicious, and I’m just finding it to be ‘okay’. Honestly, I had to look at the flavor description for this one, as I just wasn’t sure what I was even supposed to be tasting. My first thought was actually that this was just an odd green. Odd in what way? I don’t know. Maybe almost like a gen mai cha.

I can actually smell the lemongrass, but while the nose is supposed to be the key to taste, I just can’t find the taste of that component in my cup. At least not very strongly- it does appear a bit more as the tea cools.

I still want to give this one a bit more of a chance. I wonder how it’d taste with sweetener, vanilla, etc. Alas, I have but one teabag for now.

Grad student in sociocultural anthropology. I drink tea while reading for my courses, and it makes the books go down easier. I genuinely like most kinds of tea – although fruit tisanes kind of scare me.

Houston, Texas, United States