drank Silk Dragon by The Tea Merchant

Sample package label:
“A unique blend that is exotic, balanced and complex it will engage you from the second you open the bag with its intoxicating creamy vanilla aroma to your first sip. Creates a smooth, rich flavor with hints of cream, vanilla and a stimulating citrus finish.
Ingredients: Oolong tea, Organic lemon Myrtle, Marigold Petals, Natural flavors. USDA Organic – Caffeine: Medium – Steep 3 – 5 minutes – Fair Trade certified”

6-oz water with total dissolved solids (TDS) of 24 ppm, boiled, left to stand so only steaming hot.

1 heaping Tevanna teaspoon – Not easy to do as the leaves are sooo long! Thus, I made certain to fully fill one side of a spring-loaded mesh ball infuser.

This tea has a wonderful vanilla fragrance!

Silk Dragon also has a festive colorful appearance with the contrast of Marigold Petals against the oolong tea.

Very light hue as one would expect with an oolong base.

3-Minute Infusion: I took a quick taste and decided I would enjoy this tea more with a full 5-min infusion.

First 5-min Infusion: I think The Tea Merchant has accurately described this tea.

2nd 5-min Infusion: I was surprised that the “Silk” flavoring was still present and enjoyed finishing this cup.

Impression: Silk Dragon achieved just the right delicate balance between the oolong base, the natural creamy vanilla flavoring and the other organic ingredients – well done!

I truly enjoyed Silk Dragon even though I’m used to drinking full-bodied black teas. While this oolong-based tea is not as full-bodied, it‘s a very smooth rich tea. Silk Dragon is an enjoyable change of pace for the afternoon or evening that should not to be missed!

The Tea Merchant 4 Organic Tea Sample Series Conclusion:
Of the four organic teas I’ve tasted: English Breakfast, French Earl Grey, Earl Grey, & Silk Dragon, the English Breakfast black tea was my favorite breakfast tea and the Silk Dragon oolong tea was my favorite choice for afternoon or evening.

Thanks once again to The Tea Merchant for providing these generous size free samples.

Currently, my focus is on un-flavored orthodox black & pu-erh teas. Cost-effective organic teas or teas that meet the EU Food Safety Commission Pesticide Maximum Residue Limit are also of interest.

Through our local co-op we tried Frontier Natural Products Co-op bulk loose tea – mostly Assam, also Irish Breakfast, & EG.

Kevin at The Whistling Kettle introduced me to Keemun, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and my wife enjoyed their Earl Grey Cream.

Our most recent orders were from TeaVivre & Zen Tea Life. Kudos to both Angel Chen and Kenneth Son who have been extremely helpful.

High quality water is essential for excellent tasting tea.
Our 450’ well provides hard water. For details see: http://steepster.com/looseTman/posts/176233#comments.

Solutions:
#1. Rainsoft water softener with
Q2 computerized control valve

#2. Abundant Flow Water
Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System with re-mineralization filter
Model: Zeta RO: https://www.afwfilters.com/drinking-ro-systems/6-stage-alkaline-zoi-zeta-reverse-osmosis-system-16.html
Includes:
- Dow Filmtec TFC R.O. membrane
- Omnipure Inline Post filter
- Puregen Aptera Alkaline Filter: http://www.puregen.com/products_detail.php?id=301&lang=en

Options:
- Aquatec ERP-500 & ASV 2000
- 3/8" Output
- HM Digital DM-1: http://www.tdsmeter.com/products/dm1.html

My profile picture is a Red-Breasted Nuthatch, an annual winter visitor to our woodpecker feeder.

Mid-Atlantic, USA