drank Earl Grey Cream by Zen Tea

Sample package label:
“If you are a fan of Earl Grey and had not tried this, you are in for a treat. Cream Earl Grey has a taste that is smooth with vanilla overtones which stand out above the premium bergamot flavor the signature taste of Earl Grey. Our Earl Grey mellowed with a delicious creamy taste.

Ingredients: Ceylon Tea (Nuwara Eliya, Dimbula, Uva), cornflower petals, natural flavor.
Preparation: (1 cup) {6 or 8 oz.?} 1 heaping teaspoon, 95*C (203*F), 4 min.”

6-oz water with total dissolved solids (TDS) of 19 ppm, boiled, left to stand so only steaming hot. (I do not have a quick-reading (tea) thermometer with level of precision.)
1 heaping Tevanna teaspoon:

This tea Earl Grey has a strong vanilla fragrance.

Vibrant reddish hue

First 4-min Infusion:
There is an equally balanced lemon & vanilla aroma, followed by a very smooth, medium-bodied lemon taste without tartness. The overall aroma (bergamot, vanilla, & Ceylon blend) has notes of toasted marshmallows according to my wife’s keen sense of smell. There’s just enough creamy vanilla to smooth out the oil of bergamot tartness, but not so much as to obscure the classic EG flavor. There was zero hint of bitterness or astringency from this blend of Ceylon teas. The taste of lemon lingers on the tongue.

2nd 4-min Infusion:
I was surprised that a mild lemon flavoring was still present – quite enjoyable.

Impression: An excellent, much smoother Earl Grey tea that’s very well-balanced preserving the Classic EG flavor – Quite an accomplishment!

Thanks to Zen Tea Life for providing this free sample.

Currently, my focus is on un-flavored orthodox black & pu-erh teas. Cost-effective organic teas or teas that meet the EU Food Safety Commission Pesticide Maximum Residue Limit are also of interest.

Through our local co-op we tried Frontier Natural Products Co-op bulk loose tea – mostly Assam, also Irish Breakfast, & EG.

Kevin at The Whistling Kettle introduced me to Keemun, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and my wife enjoyed their Earl Grey Cream.

Our most recent orders were from TeaVivre & Zen Tea Life. Kudos to both Angel Chen and Kenneth Son who have been extremely helpful.

High quality water is essential for excellent tasting tea.
Our 450’ well provides hard water. For details see: http://steepster.com/looseTman/posts/176233#comments.

Solutions:
#1. Rainsoft water softener with
Q2 computerized control valve

#2. Abundant Flow Water
Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System with re-mineralization filter
Model: Zeta RO: https://www.afwfilters.com/drinking-ro-systems/6-stage-alkaline-zoi-zeta-reverse-osmosis-system-16.html
Includes:
- Dow Filmtec TFC R.O. membrane
- Omnipure Inline Post filter
- Puregen Aptera Alkaline Filter: http://www.puregen.com/products_detail.php?id=301&lang=en

Options:
- Aquatec ERP-500 & ASV 2000
- 3/8" Output
- HM Digital DM-1: http://www.tdsmeter.com/products/dm1.html

My profile picture is a Red-Breasted Nuthatch, an annual winter visitor to our woodpecker feeder.

Mid-Atlantic, USA