Sample package label:
“CREAMY, SMOOTH, and delicious! We use spring select white tea hand blended with coconut, safflowers, and cornflowers. Delivers a sweet creamy texture with a light body and a good balance of coconut.

Ingredients: Organic Chinese White Tea, Organic Safflower, Organic Cornflower, Organic Coconut, Natural Flavors
Caffeine: Medium, Steep: 1-3 Minutes”

Thanks to Joey Landford, The Tea Merchant, for the additional recommended brewing instructions: 1 heaping tsp. / 180*F / 8oz.

Technique:
8-oz water with total dissolved solids (TDS) of 21 ppm, heated to 212*F and allowed to cool to 180*F – verified with DAVIDsTEA digital thermometer.
1 heaping Tevanna teaspoon, without sweeteners, milk or cream.

This white tea has a tropical coconut fragrance
Light gold hue

Infusion:
1-min: Smooth but light-bodied I then steeped it an additional min.
2-min: Improving
3-min: Sweet, creamy, smooth, mellow, & light-bodied with a mild coconut aroma. There was zero hint of bitterness or astringency.

Impression: An outstanding, well-balanced, afternoon white tea and a very enjoyable way to receive your antioxidants!

Thanks to Joey, The Tea Merchant, for providing this generous size free sample.

Currently, my focus is on un-flavored orthodox black & pu-erh teas. Cost-effective organic teas and teas that meet the EU Food Safety Commission Pesticide Maximum Residue Limit are also of interest.

Through our local co-op we tried Frontier Natural Products Co-op bulk loose tea – mostly Assam, also Irish Breakfast, & EG.

Kevin at The Whistling Kettle introduced me to Keemun, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and my wife enjoyed their Earl Grey Cream.

Our most recent orders were from TeaVivre & Zen Tea Life. Kudos to both Angel Chen and Kenneth Son who have been extremely helpful.

High quality water is essential for excellent tasting tea.
Our 450’ well provides hard water. For details see: http://steepster.com/looseTman/posts/176233#comments.

Solutions:
#1. Rainsoft water softener with
Q2 computerized control valve

#2. Abundant Flow Water
Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System with re-mineralization filter
Model: Zeta RO: https://www.afwfilters.com/drinking-ro-systems/6-stage-alkaline-zoi-zeta-reverse-osmosis-system-16.html
Includes:
- Dow Filmtec TFC R.O. membrane
- Omnipure Inline Post filter
- Puregen Aptera Alkaline Filter: http://www.puregen.com/products_detail.php?id=301&lang=en

Options:
- Aquatec ERP-500 & ASV 2000
- 3/8" Output
- HM Digital DM-1: http://www.tdsmeter.com/products/dm1.html

My profile picture is a Red-Breasted Nuthatch, an annual winter visitor to our woodpecker feeder.

Mid-Atlantic, USA