Per: http://www.steepcityteas.com/collections/black-tea/products/pom-pom-tea:
“A very nicely balanced blend of fresh, juicy pomegranate splashed with cranberry. Not too tart, not too sweet, just right. It’s simply a splendid black tea with an after-taste that makes you feel rejuvenated. Makes a terrific iced tea and it’s a perfect alternative for the kids.”

Perparation: Amount: 1 teaspoon per 8 oz for hot tea. Steep at: 212 degrees for 3-4 minutes.

“Ingredients: Black tea, rose hips, sea buckthorn berries, corn flowers, natural flavors, goji berries, and guarana seeds.

Intro: I was curious to try this tea because I like black tea and have read that pomegranates are high in anti-oxidants.

Technique: Tea mug with Finum brew basket. 8-oz water with total dissolved solids (TDS) of 26 ppm, heated to 212*F. 1 tsp. (2.5 grams – My Weigh Durascale D2 660). No sweeteners, milk or cream were added.

Fragrance: Strong fruity
Dry leaf: dark brown twisted leaves + other ingredients – see above.
Liquor: Light amber
Aroma: Very fruity

3-min.: A very pleasing flavor with surprising body for a fruit-flavored tea. “Not too tart, not too sweet, just right.” Accurately describes this tea. There is a mild drying effect on the finish that becomes astringency towards the bottom of the cup.

4-min Re-steep @ 195F*: Same flavor & character as the first cup and still somewhat astringent.

Impression: A refreshing enjoyable afternoon tea. For those who may not like astringency, a lower temperature may help.

Thanks to David Palmerola of Steep City for kindly providing this generous free sample.

Currently, my focus is on un-flavored orthodox black & pu-erh teas. Cost-effective organic teas are also of interest.

Through our local co-op we tried Frontier Natural Products Co-op bulk loose tea – mostly Assam, also Irish Breakfast, & EG.

Kevin at The Whistling Kettle introduced me to Keemun, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and my wife enjoyed their Earl Grey Cream.

Our most recent orders were from TeaVivre & Zen Tea Life. Kudos to both Angel Chen and Kenneth Son who have been extremely helpful.

High quality water is essential for excellent tasting tea.
Our 450’ well provides hard water. For details see: http://steepster.com/looseTman/posts/176233#comments.

Solutions:
#1. Rainsoft water softener with
Q2 computerized control valve

#2. Abundant Flow Water
Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System with re-mineralization filter
Model: Zeta RO: https://www.afwfilters.com/drinking-ro-systems/6-stage-alkaline-zoi-zeta-reverse-osmosis-system-16.html
Includes:
- Dow Filmtec TFC R.O. membrane
- Omnipure Inline Post filter
- Puregen Aptera Alkaline Filter: http://www.puregen.com/products_detail.php?id=301&lang=en

Options:
- Aquatec ERP-500 & ASV 2000
- 3/8" Output
- HM Digital DM-1: http://www.tdsmeter.com/products/dm1.html

My profile picture is a Red-Breasted Nuthatch, an annual winter visitor to our woodpecker feeder.

Mid-Atlantic, USA