Thanks go to The Persimmon Tree Tea for this free tin! Dry, this tea smells like a fresh coconut, and the leaves themselves are BEAUTIFUL- I love the mix of flowers and tea leaves. Steeping, you don’t smell much at first, and then I was quickly reminded of coconut rum- I’m humming beachy songs as I type :) Also, this is my first ever white tea, just so you know.
My first sip is quite lovely- the coconut is strong, but you can also taste the tea, and it’s got this great creamy taste too. I’m drinking it neat(no additives), which I have to admit is not my usual MO, but it’s really quite nice. A very fruity blend, that’s for sure. And I agree with the characteristics listed for this tea- it’s refreshing and mild, which is a nice change from some of the teas I’ve been sampling lately. I’m definitely going to keep this one in rotation a while!

I’m at-home mother of 4, married 10 years. Tea, like knitting, is therapy for me. It’s a short reprieve from things that frustrate me. And it’s much cheaper than actual therapy. I was raised by my grandparents, both of whom enjoyed a good cup of tea, and they were already set in their ways by the time I came along. They had their tea all picked out, and we drank the same thing pretty much all the time. I just recently started branching out after discovering some new teas in a Round Robin I participated in on Ravelry(my other safe haven where my knitting progress lives), and I’ve been experimenting ever since. I recently tried my first loose leaf, Twinings Irish Breakfast, and I’ve also been getting some samples from Chado Teas. Every time I get a box or packet in the mail it’s like Christmas!

Aside from tea, my life consists of normal mommy-type stuff, of course, and I have 2 girls ages 7 and 9, and two boys ages 3 and 5. But I also enjoy photography, knitting, reading, writing, making collages, and tending to the farm. Did I mention I have 2 horses, goats, chickens, a pig, ducks, working dogs, and a couple of cats? We LOVE animals around here. I also love Dr. Who, many British comedies such as Are You Being Served?, and sarcasm. I suffer from depression and anxiety, hence the need for things to keep my hands busy and my mind on task, and I also have a sensory disorder, which includes a strong aversion to jeans and jean-like materials.

My favorite teas so far:

-Heredia Lemon Verbena
-Chai anything(except Stash, which is, for some reason, quite bland to me)
-Twinings Irish Breakfast
-Twinings Pure Mint
-Numi Aged Earl Grey
-Twinings New Zealand Breakfast
-Twinings Lady Grey

I will add more as I come across them, and some of these will probably fall off the list in favor of others I may prefer.

Northeast Georgia