drank Tropical White by Adagio Teas

Bleh. I knew this tea wasn’t going to be good as soon as I took the first whiff. It had a weird artificial coconut-y smell that reminded me of cheap air freshener. Went ahead and brewed it anyways and it tasted like dirty socks. Had to chuck it halfway through because I thought I was going to be sick. There is no detectable pineapple or even white tea flavor to the tea at all since the horrible fake coconut flavor overwhelms everything. Got this as a sample from Adagio with another order. Obviously, not recommended.

Fell into tea years ago, and for a while my palette was limited to just Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a couple of years ago when I discovered Taiwanese oolongs. That was the gateway drug leading to my tea and teaware collecting addiction.

I mostly drink straight teas however there are a handful of flavored teas that I can’t go without. I’m on an oolong kick these days but will always have a soft spot for green tea. Love fresh green and floral flavors. Also beginning to explore white tea, flowering teas, and herbals. Still have not acquired a taste for blacks and pu’erhs.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking and being a foodie, geekery, reading, traveling when I can, alternative medicine, nature, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.