I was a little reluctant to try this tea fearing it would be overly fruity or tart but it turned out to be surprisingly good. It has a nice mellow raspberry flavor with floral undertones and a natural sweetness. The liqueur was a barely noticible faint pink but that’s probably me using the wrong tea to water ratio. I got two good infusions out of this

Fell into tea years ago, and for a while my experience was limited to Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a couple of years ago when I discovered jade oolongs. That was the gateway drug to the world of fine tea and teaware.

I mostly drink straight teas however there are a handful of flavored teas that I can’t go without. I’m on an oolong kick these days but will always have a soft spot for green tea. Love fresh green and floral flavors. I also enjoy white tea and tisanes. I am slowly beginning to acquire a taste for blacks and puerhs. I like malty and chocolately Yunnan black teas and enjoy a good sheng every so often.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking and being a foodie, reading, traveling when I can, nature, alternative medicine, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.

Chicago