drank Ripe Mango Oolong by Lupicia

Lupicia really nailed it here. This was a phenomenal tea! I don’t often rate teas this high but this was an easy 100.

This tea is about as close to perfection as you can get. So smooth, luscious, and has an incredibly natural flavor of ripe Alfonso mango. If you’ve ever had Mango flavored Waterloo sparkling water, this tastes just like it. You don’t taste the underlying Baozhong much but it lends a touch of creaminess that reminds me of mango lassi and a yummy mango cheesecake I once had at an Indian restaurant.

I’ve been grandpa steeping it so far but I bet this would make a refreshing cold brew as well. So far the best tea from the Lupicia group buy.

Flavors: Mango, Tropical

200 °F / 93 °C 6 g 48 OZ / 1419 ML

My Rating Criteria:

95 to 100: Top shelf stuff. Loved this tea and highly recommend it

90 to 94: Excellent. Enjoyed this tea and would likely repurchase

80 to 89: Good but not great. I liked it though it may be lacking in some aspects. I’ll finish it but probably won’t buy again

70 to 79: Average at best. Not terrible but wouldn’t willingly drink again

60 to 69: Sub-par. Low quality tea, barely palatable

59 and below: Bleh

Fell into tea years ago, and for a long time my experience was limited to Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a few years ago when I discovered jade oolongs. That was the gateway drug to the world of fine tea and teaware.

With the exception of a handful of lightly scented teas, I drink mostly straight tea. I love fresh green and floral flavors and as such, green tea and Taiwanese oolongs will always have a place in my cupboard. After avoiding black tea forever, Chinese blacks are beginning to grow on me. I’ve dipped my toe into a few puerhs now but it’s still relatively new territory for me. I also enjoy white tea and tisanes but reach for them less frequently.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking, reading, nature, MMA, traveling when I can, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/melucky