drank Tiger Town by Tea Desire

I picked this tea up from Tea Desire as the price was right (50g for 5 bucks), and because it smelled like amazing red berry candy tea of sorts (almost like red gummy bears).

Dry: the picture really doesn’t look anything like the tea I received. I did not have one strawberry bit or any other berry bit in my tea leaves. There was a few rose petals. I would definitely have liked to see more strawberry pieces.

Liquor: Medium amber/yellow. Smell has diminished considerably…. Taste is slightly tangy, no real bitterness. Almost a cranberry taste to it, which is odd. Not the most berry bursting tea I have drank, which makes me sad because it smelled so berry-licious dry. Very very slightly astringent, and the lingering taste after drinking this tea is strawberry (Finally! Strawberry!)

Overall, this tea is slightly bland at first, but becomes slightly more complex if you appreciate the lingering tastes associated with each sip. To boost up the berry flavour of this tea on occasion, I will try mixing with a tisane I picked up on my travels to Jasper called Bear Berry, which I bought from Tea Boutique. I will report back on that mixture in the summer.