Okay so I am really supposed to be writing an organic chemistry formal lab report, but instead I have to write about this tea (it’s more interesting anyway).
Dry: straight up oolong and banana chunks. Delightful.
Liquor: 1st steep- it does taste like bananas. I wish it tasted like bananas a little more. Nice oolong flavours. 2nd steep- it tastes less like bananas and more like oolong. Which is okay, but I want more banana. hmmph. 3rd steep- This tastes like watery oolong and where the heck did my banana go!??!
--overnight rest——
4th steep + added banana slices! – HOLY BANANA OOLONG. It tastes like I’m on a banana rocket ship bursting off into a creamy milky way. Amazing. I will incorporate this step into the 3rd steep on from now on. I suggest you try it. Your buddies of taste will thank you.

I took some marks off simply because the banana flavour did not stick around anywhere near long enough.. but the added banana slices made it everything I wanted and more!

Kittenna

I love this tea, and in my experimentation with it, I seem to be finding that leaving the tea ball sitting wet overnight (after 1, 2, 3 steeps) and brewing it up the next day results in amazing banana flavour. It’s like the banana needs more time to break down than just the length of time you initially steep it for (which is limited because of the oolong). I need to test this out some more, but it’s delightful with the extra banana flavour! I got 6 steep out of a generous cup’s worth of leaves once, and it was still going strong! (I stopped there because I was sick of oolong by then).

Lynne-tea

Thanks Krystaleyn! I did leave the tea overnight after my third steep, but decided to just add banana anyways (as I had to pour out over half of the third steep due to it tasting like nothing). Maybe I jumped the gun in adding the banana slices too quick, but I do not regret it for a second! The added banana is outrageously good (plus I since I don’t eat my bananas.. I have to use them somehow!)
I ended up getting 7 healthy steeps out of this. I could have kept going but I was like you and got sick of oolong. But now I crave it again.. guh.

Comments

Kittenna

Lynne-tea

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island