drank Chocolate Orange by DAVIDsTEA

Holy baloney this stuff is the bees knees! Dark, deep, rich cup of heaven.
Dry: mmm chocolate pieces, orange pieces and pu-erh oh my! It smells like the taste of terry chocolate oranges. I want one now.
Liquor: Dark brown. Coffee dark almost. Small oil droplets from the chocolate I suspect. Smells like a chocolate orange. Steaming hot: I can taste a bit of the pu-erh, but it is nice. Orange is present. So it chocolate. Warm: It has a whole mouth feeling to it if that makes sense. It’s thick. and very chocolately orange. Delicious. I like it better warm then hot as more of the thickness and chocolate comes out. So so good.

Overall – permanent collection. Amazing tea for satisfying a craving, or whenever you want to drink the equivalent of unicorn tears. I suggest you buy it.

Kittenna

i have never quite figured out what I’m doing wrong, because it’s never tasted that great to me, yet EVERYONE raves about it!

Lynne-tea

How do you typically steep yours? I used a bodum for mine every time. I haven’t tried it in my wire basket.. Possibly you get the best out of it if the leaves have a lot of room?

Kittenna

Hmm, I’ll have to try it in my filter basket instead of a tea ball. A lot of people have been scolding me for using a tea ball lately (but it’s by far the easiest for me!) Thanks :)

Lynne-tea

Ahh yes maybe thats what is it. Some teas just need more room (not just for expanding). That would probably be the only difference between our preparation methods that could affect the taste. Even if you put the leaves in a cup to infuse, then strain that into your tea cup… the more room the better! That or maybe it’s just differences between taste buds. I hope its not and you get to love this tea too =)

Comments

Kittenna

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island