Third time trying this tea and I find it gets more and more interesting every time.
Dry: very milky creamy smell. Almost like nearly dried milk (a bit funky, but sweet and addictive.) Little green balls of goodness.
Liquor: 1st steep – 4 min – carmel green color. Smells of warm and sweet buttery vegetables. Like a sweet creamed spinach (I have never had such a thing but thats what comes to mind..). The taste is incredibly floral. Definitely a silky smooth texture. I wouldn’t go as far as to say buttery just yet. Maybe in the next steeps.
2nd steep- 4m30s- Still very floral, with a slight hint of veg (where’s my milk?) Maybe I did something wrong? A little bit buttery, but nothing to really note.
3rd steep- ….I’m working on it.

200 °F / 93 °C
Kittenna

In my couple tries of this one, I found that the milkiness disappeared to a great extent after the first steep, but it still tasted like a good oolong after. However, I don’t usually start with an infusion of four minutes – I go with 1 or 2.

Comments

Kittenna

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island