I am giving this another taste using different brewing methods (thanks for the suggestions Krystaleyn!)
I have used about 4-5 oz of water and used a large basket that perfectly fits in the cup. This allows the leaves full room to move around, and the ability to remove them easily when the steep time is up. I also drastically changed steep times from Davids tea’s suggested times. So far I have gotten 5 very deliciously sweet and creamy banana oolong steeps from 2 tsp of tea. It is definitely still going strong. My steeping times were as follows: 30s, 30s, 45s, 50s, 60s…

Due to school demands I am unable to write an individual steeping analysis, but let me tell you – ITS ALL AMAZING! Honestly, if you like the taste of sweet creamy banana things, I suggest you try this. As well, the oolong flavours become more prominent as the steepings progress. It is making me crave Ti Kuan Yin.

More beginners like myself need to be very forewarned about some of the terrible steeping suggestions on the Davids Tea packages… I now realize what I was missing.

Kittenna

Yeah, this one’s good… I’m not actually sure I’ve tried it with super short infusions yet, but it seems to take to nearly anything I try with it. So good.

Lynne-tea

Your milk oolong comment made me think of trying to find a different steeping method that would be better, as my steeping times were too long.. after some research I decided to try short steeping times to see what that was like (.. if I didn’t like it, it was easy enough to steep longer!). It worked. This is my new approach to oolongs.

Kittenna

Awesome, I’m glad it helped you! :D Sometimes I’m lazy with my oolongs and give them 3 minutes, but other times I want to experience them more and go with shorter infusions. Oolongs are delicious.

Comments

Kittenna

Lynne-tea

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island