What is going on here!?
– the newest batch of Gold Rush from Davids Tea I received tastes like peppermint! Not just subtly – there is a strong peppermint flavour. Every time I try a cup from the new bag (which I placed in their tin) tastes like peppermint. I don’t have peppermint anywhere near this tea. Hmmmph. I bought 100g of this too. I hope the other bag isn’t like this. This bums me out because the first bag I got was soooo soo so good. But now I’m not so sure as I don’t want a cup of pepperminty caramel tea. I want my delicious golden cakey coconutty vanilla heaven back =(
What to do?

Kittenna

I haven’t re-purchased it myself, but something tells me that I’ve had a similar experience recently, where something tasted minty and shouldn’t have (and contamination was unlikely). I would suggest mentioning this to them if your second cup and/or second bag are the same way.

Lynne-tea

That bums me out a little bit. Especially since it is a more expensive tea. I will have to call them when finals stop taking over my life

Good luck with the finals!! :D

Angrboda

I take it it’s not supposed to contain anything minty? How sure are you that thre hasn’t been a mixup in purchase and they’ve accidentally given you a different blend? Is that a possibility?

Thank you Krystaleyn!
Angrboda – it looks like the same tea.. Though this time the mulberries seem coated in a whiteish wash of sorts. Also when I make the tea, instead of being beautifully golden hued and clear, it is murkier… All this on top of tasting now like mint instead of cake :(

Lynne-tea

Yay! I wrote them regarding this issue and a nice woman responded. They are sending me some to try. I am so very thankful, as this was my favourite tea and I was bummed as I have a bunch left and it was moderately expensive for the amount you get (silly mulberries tasting so good). Davids Tea has the best customer service!

Comments

Kittenna

Good luck with the finals!! :D

Angrboda

Thank you Krystaleyn!

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island