drank Birthday Cake by DAVIDsTEA

I was sceptical at first as my first run-ins with honeybush were not good (a long time ago). Also, rooibos can be so woody. But.. I went for it

Dry: Pretty little sprinkles, smells of maple syrup. And baked goods. Yummy. I also smell the honeybush.. oh jeez..

Liquor: Deep reddish toasted color. Smells of maple sticky cake. So cake-y delicious. There is a hint of honeybush in there but it’s tolerable. It tastes like I am biting into a maple sticky cake. HOLY cow. I was not expecting this to be so good but my goodness. Honestly. How did they make a maple cake into this tea? It even has the browned bits taste you get from the bottom of a pan… all caramel flavoured with a toasted note at the end.

I do not regret my decision at all. Possibly only regret the fact that I just found another permanent (while its offered) tea. Now I am going to go drink my entire tea pot in under 10 minutes. I know it. Also.. I really don’t just automatically give high ratings I swear.. I just pick really good teas (all thanks to you Steepsterites!)

EDIT: Dropping the rating.. second steep is not very memorable. I threw it in the fridge and it was good.. creamy, but not astounding.