drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

Oh wow – I haven’t wrote a review for this tea yet. I can’t believe it as this was one of my first DT shipments and it’s so delicious I guess I told everyone but you all how much I love it (though by the rating, you all obviously know the great wonderfulness of this tea!)

Dry: I want to crawl into the bag to be honest. I wish I had some machine to shrink me down so I could intermingle with the delicious scents of creamy pumpkin chai. So clean and sharp smelling.. if that makes sense? As in I can smell every individual flavour.

Liquor: Beautiful deep/burnt amber. Smells even creamier – it reminds me of a slice of pumpkin pie with a WHOLE bunch of whipping cream on top. Sweet whipping cream (though not too sweet) Holy jeez this smells good. (So good that a professor of mine got distracted in class and asked what in the dickens I was drinking as it smelled so delectable… I sense another convert.) I can taste a lovely malty black tea that has a creamy/rounded quality to it. I taste caramelized sugar and a bit of pumpkin. The flavours are not as strong as I remember, though I did go for a shorter steeping time and just under boiling water compared to last time. I enjoy a longer steep I think to bring out more of the chai/spice flavours. The aftertaste is not very strong (again, could be due to a lower steeping time).. but its a sweet malty aftertaste. Mostly black tea I think.. though maybe I am mistaken (I really need to get into plain black tea to know for sure).

Overall – a delicious brew. I will for sure be replacing this tea… the smell and taste are too irresistible to pass up! I am sure this would be fantastic with milk.. but I just want to drink unaltered tea lately. Maybe soon I will make this into a latte.. I can only imagine the deliciousness of this in latte form..with whip cream? oh my .

tigress_al

I have not tried this with whip cream, but I am sure it would be fantastic! But believe me, as a latte with steamed milk and a tad of brown sugar, it is delicious!

Lynne-tea

I will have to try that soon! Once I am done school I cannot wait to give more attention to my tea and try making lattes with some of them. This one is definitely #1 on the list. I would recommend you try a latte with Mulberry Magic. It’s amazing.

tigress_al

A Mulberry Magic latte is wonderful, I wasn’t a fan of that tea until I tried it that way! Now it is my evening treat when I deserve one!

Lynne-tea

Good plan! I didn’t like Mulberry Magic all that much when I first tried it.. but when I bag the tea – it tastes a lot sweeter and so good. I don’t know why – but it worked for me.

Kittenna

Yummm…..

Comments

tigress_al

Kittenna

Yummm…..

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island