Whoops… I added this review to the 2011 previously
{Warning: Long one.. I’m sorry}
I’m going for it tonight. I’ve waited far too long to let lack of sleep get in the way of this tea. I have more to enjoy and try later on anyways. David graciously included a note. I like that very much. It truly shows an appreciation for the customer, and is much more personalized than a stereotypical printed-out ‘thank you’ page. Well, let’s get to it. To be honest – I am nervous. I have such high hopes for this tea and I feel very happy to have the ability to try…Oh man I’m drinking it already. I can’t stop drinking it. I decided to give my leaves a rinse and use traditional brewing techniques. I didn’t have a place to dispose of the rinse water so I just sipped a bit..cause it was sitting there.. (I’m a curious person okay?).. Anyway- I couldn’t stop. I found myself drifting off into a honeysuckle galaxy whilst The Antlers – Rolled Together played in the background. I’m. So. Excited.
- Sorry-.. Back on track.
Dry: The leaves are beautiful. Various shades of a forest green.. the little leaves remind me of little pieces of acrylic paint that have dried. Odd association – but the color and texture remind me of painting. The smell to me is vegetal and strongly floral, with a bright upper note I can’t place right now.
1st steep (2s): Smells very floral up front, but I find an almost vanilla jasmine smell in the background. This tea makes me smile SO much. When I was young, I grew up in an area that had a large forest that I use to play in right down the block from my house. It was honeysuckle heaven in there! This steep brings me right back there as if I had just bit the tip off the honeysuckle and drank out the sweet juice inside. I still get a jasmine note that is very strong in the scent and immediate taste. Ooh I burnt my lip! Darn I am so impatient. Even as it cools it tastes like I’m just drinking a warmed cup of delicious honeysuckle juice. Enough notes on this steep.
2nd steep (2s): Sweetness is still present, though not as prominent. Sparkly flavours on the back and sides of tongue. I do taste a little camomile.. or just a similar sweetness that I find in camomile. Delightful.
I won’t bore you with the (hopefully) 30 other steepings unless there is a major development!
Very yummy and interesting tea so far

195 °F / 90 °C