I got to mucking about and didn’t document the first two steeps (2s, 4s), but they were sweet for sure. I will make sure to take better notes on that portion next time.
3rd steep (6s): Beautiful green.. it reminds me of steamed asparagus water (except without the smell). Or perhaps spinach water? Something leafy and dark green. Definitely a sweet doughy smell to me. Very sparkly and fresh on the tongue, and somehow tastes as complex as a summer meadow would smell. Bursting with tall grasses, nectar filled flowers and a clean mountainous breeze. At the end of a sip.. the lingering aftertaste on the back of my tongue is almost like my taste buds are having some kind of wild party with champagne (you’re welcome taste buddies).
4th steep (8s): Must save for later or note later.. I’m off to see my dad!
(holding off on rating until I have a good sitdown with this.. not eating okra and sipping… x.x)

EDIT:
Okay.. so 5th steep (11s): Magic. I left the leaves sit for 7 hours and just did another infusion. Rock candy. Everywhere. All in my mouth and then it’s gone. Oddest thing. I don’t think I have ever had a tea that tastes so different from sip to sip. I’m intrigued and need more.

205 °F / 96 °C
Geoffrey

Really happy to see you enjoying the complexity of this one. I wish we still had some. When the last of it went, I looked to see how much I had left from the purchase for my personal supply… only enough for one more drinking session. I’ll certainly have to make sure that I’m in an attentive state of mind, and have appreciative company over, the next (and last) time I’ll get to enjoy the beauty of this snowflake…

Lynne-tea

That would be very kind of you to share your last bit with appreciative others. Though I do think having good music and a relaxing atmosphere would allow you a more attentive experience. Either way you go about your last sitdown with this tea – enjoy it!
I just pulled some of the leaves out to check out and they are so beautiful. Wonderfully pristine leaves. Heavenly =)

Comments

Geoffrey

Lynne-tea

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island