Finally! A sit-down with a tea. I feel like it’s been so long for some reason. I have been doing other wonderful things though so I don’t feel neglected due to lack of tea (plus I sneak good tea whenever I can). Since it’s almost 12 and I will be getting up early.. I figured a herbal tea would be much better than all my new oolongs that I am absolutely longing to try. So here we are. With Midsummer Night’s Dream. A sample I picked up from my Davids Tea trip (where I also filled up on their Quangzhou Milk Oolong..possibly more excited about that than all the other teas I got.)
Dry: Pretty – I had a large gooseberry in my tisane. I enjoy gooseberries by the way. The first smell I get is KUMQUATS. Whoa. Honestly my favourite fruit. I can eat a decent sized bag in one go. They are my crack. Sweet but yet tangy at the same time. I showed this to my sister and she wanted to take the bag. I said no way, but offered to give her a sample of my sample to try. She declined and opted for a tea party date instead. I’m excited.
Liquor: Hmm.. first sip tastes like Neocitran. Then it quickly calms into a very sweet complex flavour I am trying to figure out. The afterward mouth-feel even reminds me of kumquats, though I suspect it is the mint lingering. This tea is alright. But it’s not really tea. I want real tea. It sweetens as it cools and the citrus mellows a bit more. I don’t feel like I’m being punched in the face with citrus anymore. Because this tea does not taste like a kumquat, I am a bit displeased.
I won’t do another steep tonight, but I will save the tisane for tomorrow. The rating may change based on a cold steep (as I hear that is good..). Maybe tonight I just wanted some camilla sensis of any sort… not herbal =\