drank Raspberry Oolong by A C Perch's

Yay!! Raspberry Oolong!
After a beautifully sunny and warm bike ride (finally!) – I arrived to find a white parcel sticking out of my mailbox. NO way! No Way No Way! Angrbodas wonderful parcel! Which meant that A. C. Perch samples were just waiting for me to drink them. So, me and my massive smile made a wonderful cup of this legendary oolong (with filtered water! Finally!)
Dry:…It is beautiful. Smaller green and larger, twisted black pieces of leaves with raspberry chunks. Oh jeez this is the bees knees. The smell brings me back to ANY raspberry bush I have had an intimate encounter with (by intimate I mean scouring a bunch of bushes for 2 or more hours in order to eat any raspberries in sight).
Liquor: The smell is not super raspberry on the nose, but more of a linger in the background. The forefront smell is a combination of roasted and green oolong. The taste – delightful. It is a very well balanced cup. I can clearly taste a light raspberry.. which reminds me of raspberry iced tea. But not fake flavouring. The roasted note is mild but definitely present… and I feel like the last bit of a sip has a more green buttery/baked goodness to it.
Wow. Well rounded delicious tea. I am on my second steep and this time around I did a longer steep (1.5 min vs. 5 min)… This is different for me as usually I steep oolongs for shorter periods of time at lower water temperatures but this definitely needs a longer steeping time and high temp to bring out the raspberry. Ooh jeez my cup keeps draining so fast. I swear there is a small leak at the bottom of my mug and sneaky sugar ants are drinking it all up. Or it’s me… but that means I will have to order some more of this tea. hmph.

Thank you SO Much Angrboda! A great tea that is very much appreciated!

Boiling
Angrboda

Heehee! I knew it! There’s a reason this is one of my absolute favourite teas to share, you know. :D

Azzrian

This sounds great!

Kittenna

Haha, agreed. Going onto my shopping list, but if A C Perch is an overseas company, I doubt I’ll ever end up trying it. Sad sad!

Lynne-tea

It’s Awesome. =D Very good tea and I am so happy I got a chance to try it. I may sometime talk myself into buying some… sigh Thank you again Angrboda!… and Krystaleyn – if/when I end up getting the tea I can definitely send you a sample to try.

Kittenna

Oooooooh I will try to keep an eye out to see if you pick some up! Alternately I may beg and plead with Angrboda one of these days :D Good flavoured oolongs are severely lacking in my cupboard.

Angrboda

Krystaleyn, I can totally spare you a sample. Shoot me a message. :)

Lynne-tea, unless you want to buy enough things from them to get to their 500g limit on abroad packages anyway, hold on until august, because then I can definitely forward an order for you. It would be much cheaper for you, since I can send a smaller package than they can and therefore also a cheaper one. There are several other Steepserites who might be interested in it as well, so I’ve been entertaining thoughts of some sort of bulk buying mission. I haven’t quite got the exact details and economy of it worked out yet, though, and I need to wait until after the wedding for a project of this sort anyway.

Lynne-tea

Angrboda – I would absolutely love that! If you need me to do anything let me know. I think a bulk buying mission would be perfect and I am sure there are many people here would would like to get some of this lovely tea. That is a great idea to wait after the wedding.. I couldn’t imagine how intense planning/having a wedding would be. Have fun with it! =)

Angrboda

We’re nearly done with the planning and organising. We just need to get the last things for our respective outfits and I need to make some hair appointments. I haven’t seen the inside of a hairdresser’s salon in YEARS so that’s going to be interesting. At this point I just find myself needing a bit of normalcy and quiet before the storm so I’m postponing any projects to afterwards. :)

Comments

Angrboda

Azzrian

This sounds great!

Angrboda

Krystaleyn, I can totally spare you a sample. Shoot me a message. :)

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island