I figured I would have this tea again as it is a great comfort and it is cold today. Where’d the beautiful sun go? I don’t want any more rain.
This time drinking the tea, my water was fully boiling (for over 5 minutes… vs previous experience where it was just under boiling or beginning to boil). I find it now has a bitter edge to it that I am not very partial to.
My second steep (not including the rinse) will go back down to just below boiling. I will report back with more once my water is hot enough. I really need a variable temps kettle. This heating-the-water-by-tea-light is cute, but not very precise and takes a year and a half to come to a boil. I am very open to good kettle suggestions (with a reasonable cost as I am a student).

Edit 2 days later: This is crazy. I keep steeping the leaves at least 4 times per day, and they just keep getting better. This steep was the most buttery rice yet!

This is now one of my favorite teas. I could drink it every day. :-P

Lynne-tea

I have been stretching the leaves out over days.. It keeps getting better and better and better!

I’ve stopped at 4 steeps per Toucha, but I’m sure I could’ve gotten more. :-p