drank Tazo Chai by Tazo

So it appears I am on a morning chai kick. Go figure. I think it may also be attributed to the slowness of my cast iron pot to produce boiling water (therefore, I go downstairs and make a chai tea while I wait.. hours.. grr)
Annnnyways. I do like this chai. Having drank the Republic of Tea chai yesterday, I have to say… I enjoyed it a lot more. A lot more.
This is a good enough substitute though. I don’t mind it and I feel like it is rather balanced with the spices. The black tea base is just not that good, and it shows.
Today I boiled up 2 cups of almond milk (unsweetened) and tossed two silk saches. After letting it simmer for a good 10 minutes, I tossed in 2 tsp of brown sugar. I like brown sugar as the I think the molasses makes everything taste better. I can taste it in the chai and it is delicious. Like adding another layer of flavour besides the slightly spicy ginger and lovely cardamom/cinnamon.

Because my roommate works at Starbucks, this is a tea I can drink for free (as she gets either a pound of coffee or a tin of tea per week). Therefore.. I will keep drinking it. I would not buy this though.

Boiling 8 min or more
Azzrian

WHAT? Do ALL starbucks allow this free pound of coffee or free tin of tea – PER WEEK? Seriously? I may need to get a part time job! :)

Lynne-tea

Hahaha yep! They sure do. We have coffee beans coming out of our ears and the tazo tea containers all lined up. VIA packets as well. I think a pound a week is a bit excessive… I mean who drinks that much? Therefore, she definitely shares the love with others =) I am pretty sure USA Starbucks stores would be similar in their perks.

Azzrian

Wow – and hey if nothing else she can stock them up and give as gifts for holidays :)
I will have to inquire about this perk in the USA! Oh my oh my hahahaha Im giddy.

Lynne-tea

It is very true.. this is another thing she does! I think there is about 6 pounds of unopened coffee in the house. It’s nuts. I should go back to drinking coffee again.. but tea is just too good.
And you really should! I know that if you work with Starbucks long enough, you can even get money towards tuition (at least in Canada). Some of the perks are seriously awesome..

Kittenna

One of my roommates worked at Sbux and got tea/coffee free as well. Unfortunately I was not great friends with her and thus did not benefit. But I did nab a teabag or two of a few things, I think.

Lynne-tea

Ohhh bah for not sharing! I mean.. it’s free. And there is a lot of it constantly coming in. Sharing something you didn’t have to purchase is the bees knees! Maybe you will have to find another starbucks employee that you really get along with to have as your roommate haha

Comments

Azzrian

Kittenna

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island