drank Raspberry by Tea Desire

I had previously tried this as a hot tea.
Big mistake. The flavouring added comes across as artificial, and because the oolong base is not very good quality… it ends up being a poor cup of tea.
However – I decided since I have 50g of this to play with.. hopefully I can find some way to like it! And I did!
I sun-steeped 6 tsp in 4 cups of water. After a day of this, I popped it in the fridge… though first having a few sample sips. YUCK. It didn’t really have any raspberry flavour and a really weird oolong taste. So I decided I would just stick it in the fridge and maybe remember it later.
two weeks later… oh hey. Look what I found. Raspberry oolong! takes a sip Delicious! This is great! Slightly creamy with a fresh raspberry taste. What happened to the artificial flavour?… it’s disappeared! Now it is all fresh raspberry with a creamy oolong refreshing aspect. Overall a very refreshing iced tea. It just takes a LONG time to taste good.
That being said… maybe I should start my next batch as it appears it takes a long time to taste good and the sun is supposed to be making appearances for the next week! YAyyy!

The reason I am keeping the rating lower is due to the time it takes to make a good iced tea version (obviously a day to two days steep does not cut it).. and because it tastes very artificial when hot.

Iced
Angrboda

How strange. Weird chameleon tea. Good thing you didn’t give up after finding the first taste unpleasant. I probably would have. :)

Lynne-tea

Haha I know it is very strange. I just felt bad pouring it out so I chucked it in the fridge. I was sad for about 2 weeks thinking I had bought some shady bad oolong. Which it is.. but at least it tastes goodish using this odd method!

Comments

Angrboda

Lynne-tea

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island