I had a great few moments with this tea. I did not want to do a formal review as I was too busy enjoying it. I realized how much leaf I really needed to use in order to get a lot more out of the tea. For this reason I am raising the rating.

Honey thickness on the back of the tongue with orchid notes popping up mid-sip. Delightful. It went for about 18 steepings. Some shared. Some delightfully consumed and enjoyed alone. Thank you again Chicago Tea Garden. You were a lovely company and I am sad to see you go.

About 18 steepings…….WOW!!

Lynne-tea

I know! It was amazing! I probably could have gone for a little bit more, but why drag out such a beautiful thing if it will only lose flavour and be the last memories of this tea? =)

ScottTeaMan

I tried a Dan Cong from TeaSpring and got 7 good steeps and stopped, but I probably could have gotten 10.

Comments

ScottTeaMan

About 18 steepings…….WOW!!

Lynne-tea

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island