I was not planning on doing a review for this tea just yet, but I think I need to. I’m getting so much from this tea and it’s only my first cup. For that reason, genetics will have to wait a little bit longer as I have missed this so much.
1st: Very light, with a slight sparkle on the top of my tongue. Bursting with succulent guava and papaya flavours oddly enough. This is why I just had to write about it. It’s way too intense of flavours not to. There is a touch of smoke perhaps.. maybe just dry grass/ hay.
2nd: The wet leaves smells like green bean water. The taste is delightful. It reminds me of cucumber, with a creaminess to it. There is also a sweet melon taste.. honeydew like. Honeydew for sure. I also keep getting a spice I am not very familiar with. Perhaps saffron? cumin? I don’t know but it’s really needing me to identify it. And asparagus. Creamy creamy asparagus.
3rd: The leaves now smell like creamed asparagus and I am getting extremely sweet tingles in the back of my tongue. Sweet like honeysuckle. Oh my! Taste – hmmm. I feel like this cup is changing. Maybe the leaves are in transition of flavours. I get glimpses of creamed asparagus (or peas) on my tongue, which then disappear and I have a hard time finding again. Sneaky tea.

I need to get back to genetics now. Sadface. I wish I could just review teas all day. I will have to soon when some samples come in. =)

ScottTeaMan

Another thing I like is that sometimes the tea changes as the cup cools [usually gets more flavorful to me]. :))

Lynne-tea

Yes! I have noticed that… it was during my first experience with this tea actually. I had a friend over chatting and the tea was able to cool and other flavours developed. Lovely lovely tea. =)

Comments

ScottTeaMan

Lynne-tea

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island