drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

I can’t believe I haven’t rated this tea yet! It was from my first order with Verdant.
This is my first time using more leaves than I usually do. I am starting to think I should invest in a scale as I have no idea about tea weights to tsp conversions.. and judging by this first flavourful cup – I feel as though I have been cheating myself out of AMAZING tea experiences with this tea.
1st: Thick and succulent liquor with a tasty toasted graham cracker and chocolate taste. Nicely sweet too, but not too much. It reminds me of 70% dark chocolate. Maybe 80%. For me- the higher the better so I am HAPPY!
2nd Oh gosh. Chocolate milk. In my cup. I love it. Definitely buckwheat honey too. Oh goodness this is so tasty.
3rd: I just caught myself eyeing up Verdants many Pu’er. Oh jeez. It all started when I decided I needed more of the heavenly Laoshan Northern Black. I may just leave my adventuring into Pu’er for a few more years. This steep is reminding me of raisins for the metallic-like sweetness that is going on around the back of my tongue. Very interesting development on the buckwheat honey taste that is for sure.
All in all – I need more of this tea before I run out. Thats it. An absolutely wonderful tea that will be my go-to for black (tied for first with Bailin Gongfu black of course).
Ooh.. I also introduced my mom to my tea stash. She wasn’t frightened, but supported me and embraced my tea loving ways. I gave her a cup of the Bailin Gongfu and she melted. Later with drinks, I made an extra strong Alpine Punch from DT for mixing. She really enjoyed that as well. Another convert? Maybe =)

Boiling
Spoonvonstup

Tea-vangelism… it all starts with you. ;) As for using more leaves, yes yes! Even doing Western style big pots I now use TB instead of tsp, and have awesome cups for it (I just steep for :40-1:15 rather than 3-5), and then resteep away. Glad you are discovering how yummy that can be.

I am spreading little baggies of tea to all around me :D
I thought I was using the proper amounts, but after watching a Verdant tea video, I realized my ‘5g’ tsp of leaves looked nothing like the 5g he used! So, after thinking I was having a flavourful cup, I tried more leaves and discovered I was having a watered down version of amazing things! I think my tea love just grew even more (scary – as I thought that I couldn’t fit any more love in my heart for the tea.. I was wrong.)

Kittenna

Buy a small digital scale :) So useful for not only tea, but recipes that call for oz., lbs, or grams of things (like meats, or certain veggies). I have one and other than its habit of turning off while I’m still adding things to the bowl on it, it works great :D

Lynne-tea

Good idea Krystaleyn. It is definitely on my list of things to buy for tea.. but my school-only-no-job situation is not helping in my tea endeavours! Maybe I will have to see how many points I have at certain shopping centers and can get a cheaper one that way. I love points shopping.

Comments

Spoonvonstup

I am spreading little baggies of tea to all around me :D

Kittenna

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island